Friday, January 10, 2020

Twofer Card Challenge #23 ~ Hearts and Prizes!

Hello and Welcome to 2020 and Our 2nd Blogaversary! 

We have a new year of challenging Twofer prompts ready for you to get your mojo juices flowing! We very much appreciate your enthusiasm and support and love to see the creative ways you stretch your stamps, stencils, dies, and your design skills!

This is a very long post, so please get comfy!
Design Team Change

Before we get to the prompt, I have a Design Team change to announce. Effective this month, we say goodbye with sincere thanks to our teammate Leslie (Running With Scissors). Thank you, Leslie, for serving brilliantly on the Team! We will miss you and hope you come back to play with us often!

And we happily welcome Marcia (Marcia's Stampin' Pad) to the Team! I know many of you are familiar with Marcia's incredible talent and her consistent enthusiastic support of Twofer. She has prepared a brief bio for you:
Hi, my name is Marcia Hill and I am so excited to be the newest member to the Twofer Team! I started stamping back in 1999, when I was introduced to Stampin' Up by a friend. I was immediately hooked, and like many others, I have become a complete stampaholic with no wish to be cured!  
When my job was downsized in 2013, I started my blog to keep me busy and out of trouble - yeah, right!! I have found many wonderful stamp companies and challenges to play along with and I've been happily creating ever since. My style is mostly CAS, but I do love a good layered and glittered-up card, too! I also love trying new techniques and products. You can find me in my craft room three or four days a week joyfully crafting away. I also love to knit and read.
My hubby and I have been married for 32 years and have 3 lovely daughters. Our oldest is married and has blessed us with 2 ADORABLE grandbabies: Addy who is 5 and Landon, 2 1/2. They truly are a delight and make every family get-together special!
I was so honored when Darnell asked me to be a part of the Twofer Team! I hope my cards will bring a smile to your face and spark your creativity! 
If you get a few minutes, please let Leslie and Marcia know how much you appreciate them!

Now let's get this new year started!! This month our challenge prompt is:
We chose HEARTS because February is the month of hearts and love, which means a lot of us will be making our pretty Valentines this month. If you do make a Valentine, that takes care of one of your Twofer occasions ... fortunately, HEARTS can also be wonderful images on cards for a wedding, anniversary, thinking of you, get well, or birthday, to name a few ideas for your second Twofer occasion!

Here are the main bullet points for Twofer:
  • Feel free to feature and interpret the prompt however it inspires you to make two different design layouts for two different occasions.
  • Please remember that you may use digis for any elements of your Twofer designs ~ except the prompt element.
  • You're welcome to make two conventional designs or a combination of one conventional and one unconventional design. 
Important: If you want to win, please don't put your heart and sentiment in the same place on both cards because that would be the same design, no matter what style or technique you use. For more information and examples of what we are looking for to make you a winner, please read the tabs at the top of this page. Thank you!

Guest Designers

This month we are delighted to have both a conventional winner and an unconventional winner from our October challenge as our Guest Designers! 

Please welcome Jane (Onions and Paper) with her Twofer pair of HEART cards! Thank you, Jane, and your little lemur friend! 
Please welcome Jacquie (What Did I Do Today?) with her Twofer pair of HEART cards! Thank you, Jacquie!
Please visit these ladies and leave them some love!

Design Team

We hope you will also be inspired by the example creations from the Design Team! You can find the details on all these inspirational Twofers on the designer's individual blogs. We hope you'll take a closer look!
Bev
WaitThere Are Prizes!

We can't have a celebration of our 2nd Blogaversary without a few prizes!! I'm thinking some of you (like me) might be starting 2020 with a resolution to spend more time learning ~ or brushing up on ~ crafty techniques, am I right?

To help you reach that goal, I am gifting classes (valued at $25 each) via Online Card Classes for six lucky winners!! These classes are taught by the wonderful Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner ~ and many popular guest designers who help them! Here are the class prizes:
  • Clean and Simple Card-Making 2.
  • Clean and Simple Card-Making 3.
  • Rainbow Maker.
  • Sparkle and Shine.
  • Watercolor for Cardmakers.
  • Watercolor for Cardmakers Intermediate.
A couple of awesome things about these prizes: They never expire! You can watch them any time of the day or night wearing anything you want! You can watch them again and again. AND, if you don't like the class you win, you can exchange it for any of the many other classes they offer with a value of $25. Please visit their website for details on the classes Jennifer and Kristina offer!

ETA: Online Card Classes has added a new class that many of you might be interested in, so I am adding this prize, valued at $20:
  • The Coloring Challenge Road Trip by Kathy Racoosin.
Random.org will be used to choose the winners of these prizes from among those Twofers who follow the challenge rules.
~~~
Let's enjoy this milestone and the season of love by making lots and lots of heart cards to give away! We look forward to seeing what you create!!
The Winner(s) will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer!

Thank you for playing and leaving some encouragement for others!

Don't forget to click the Follow button on the side bar. Why?
So you receive notice when a new Twofer post is published.

The challenge is open until 11:55 PM (PST), January 24th.
The Winner(s), Honorable Mentions, and prize winners 
will be posted at 12:05 AM (PST), January 30th.

HAVE FUN! HAPPY TWOFING!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

27 comments:

  1. Congratulation for the second anniversary! Great job done from the DT and GD. Amazing inspiration cards. And there are also great prizes to win. Can't be better. :-)
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous designs by the DT...as always!! So sorry to see Leslie go, but definitely recognized Marcia Hills talent...welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 2 years already?! How time flies when you're having fun, and the Twofer challenge is definitely one of my favourite challenges. Congratulations on reaching this milestone with fabulous inspiration from the DT, as always! And a big welcome to Marcia!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So excited for you and amazing cards from the team and newbies! You know I find this one of the most challenging challenges...my mind goes blank!! Wonderful prizes you are offering-so very kind x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Marcia on being the new Twofer Girl. You know how much I LOVE your CAS style and your layering style:-) Loved your cards for this challenge too. Leslie, I will miss your gorgeous and whimsical cards, but will be following your blog closely, as always:-) Fabulous samples by the GD's and DT too. All so inspiring. Very generous prizes too, Dolly. Congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary. Time does fly!!! Love and Hugs to you all, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 2nd blogaversary Dolly and Designers!! So much excitment this month! Congrats to Marcia for joining the team. She is fabulous and a great addition to your team! Leslie inspired me all last year with her amazing cards - so sorry to see her go, but I know she has lots of travel plans, which is exciting. Lots of inspiration with the heart cards. Hope to play along this month! Love, Lolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 2nd Blogaversary! Lots of fabulous cards by the GDs abd DT again this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Darnell, your 2nd Blogaversary, that has come round so quickly! Congratulations to Marcia for joining the team, and also to Jane and Jacquie for being this month's Guest Designer, and such wonderful cards featuring hearts from you and the rest of the DT, very clever designs and beautiful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Darnell, I completely forgot to say thank you for the fantastic blogaversary prizes, so lovely of you to be so generous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2nd Blog Anniversary and thank you all for the amazing inspiration and creativity with this fun and fabulous challenge x. Great to see Marcia on the team and to find a little more about her x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's two years already? Time sure goes fast! Can't wait to play along! Congrats to Marcia! What a lucky gal! What awesome news! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blog-versary and thanks for all the fun! Looking forward to this month's challenge - I love hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation to your 2nd anniversary. Your team inspiration are so wellcome. Thanks all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your blogaversary! Fabulous cards from the DT and very generous of you to offer these lovely prizes.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Marcia and Happy 2nd Blog Anniversary ! Have a very good crafty year and thanks for the amazing challenges ! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Darnell on the second anniversary of the Twofer Challenge! I look forward to participating again this year. Now I'm off to the craft room to get cracking on some cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the 2nd anniversary. Welcome to the new DT and I look forward to more inspiration in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much to Leslie who has inspired us over the past months. And, welcome to Marcia. I look forward to seeing your work now too. The guest designers have made some awesome work as well. There is so much inspiration from all of the design team and I thank you so much. Also happy second anniversary to the Twofer Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome 2020 and more Twofer fun... Twofer year Congrats Darnell and your team it's a wonderful fun challenge, hugs Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. So excited for you, Darnell! We're loving these challenges (and you)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So excited to have just recently found this challenge blog!! What a fun name...and great challenge idea. I am looking forward to playing along and being a regular visitor to this challenge. Happy Anniversary...can't believe it took me two years to find you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been intending to join in with this challenge since it began but have never found the time - I can't believe it has been two years! Happy Birthday and thank you for the fabulous challenge and super DT inspiration.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is my favorite challenge, and I always try to join in when I can. Thank you for all the fun challenges over the past two years, and I look forward to many more. Happy blog-a-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I forgot to comment on your anniversary... YAY and Congrats! And I love the prizes you are offering. I always admire CAS cards but struggle to make them. Maybe a class would help?

    ReplyDelete
  25. And might I add that there are some amazing and creative entries this month. So fun to see them! (And I'll be CASEing several.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always wanted to enter this challenge, but could not. Finally I found time to enter on the last day. Happy bloggoversary. I love to get inspired by the talented ladies here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry I could not take photo f both my cards together as I was in a hurry to send one of the cards, I made a collage of both the photos, hope that's fine.

    ReplyDelete