Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #18

Hello and Welcome!
THANK YOU for your amazing entries in last month's challenge! We appreciate your enthusiasm and support and love to see how you interpret the prompt and stretch your stamps, stencils, dies, and design skills! 

This month our challenge prompt is:
Feel free to interpret the prompt however it inspires you to make two different designs for two different occasions! As you can see from the lovely inspiration cards, garden can be flowers or veggies or anything you might see in a garden, whether at home, on the farm, or in a nursery.

You are welcome to make two conventional designs or a combination of one conventional and one unconventional design. Every month we will have a conventional challenge winner. We will also have an unconventional challenge winner if there are any unconventional designs.

Guest Designers

This month we have the conventional winner from our May challenge as our Guest Designer. Please welcome Kathy Asper (My Asperations) with her beautiful Twofer GARDEN cards. Thank you, Kathy!
And we have the unconventional winner from our May challenge as our second Guest Designer. Please welcome Robyn Oliver (Waterlily Cards by Robyn) with her beautiful Twofer GARDEN cards. Thank you, Robyn.
Please visit each of our Guest Designer's individual blogs for details on their cards and to leave them some love!

Design Team

Before we get to the Team inspiration cards, we have an announcement. Loll is stepping down as a Designer due to her many other commitments, although happily, she has agreed to stay on the Team as Blog Administrator. Thank you for doing that, Lolly, and for inspiring our readers for a year and a half with your talent and your creativity!

As folks on design teams know, these changes are a bit like a roller coaster ride. While we are sad to see Loll leave her position as a Designer, we are delighted to announce that the very talented Cat Craig will be joining us! Welcome, Cat!
Hi! I am Cat Craig and I really do Love Paper! I live in Maryland having transplanted from California after getting married and retiring. 
I was never much of a crafter until a dear friend introduced me to scrapbooking in 2006. That began my love affair with paper, textures, and color. After another friend introduced me to card making I was hooked. YES, it was the heat embossing ... magic! I began playing in one monthly card challenge hosted on Flickr and eventually started my blog Cat Luvs Paper.
I love all kinds of techniques and card styles. My favorite technique is coloring, whether it is markers, pencils, or paints. Whenever my mojo wanes, I look to a card challenge to rev it up again.
I am an avid reader of political and spy thrillers. I enjoy action movies and comedies. I am a football fan, both at the collegiate level and the NFL. Few cards are made on the weekends during football season!
I am a firm believer in the restorative power of the occasional day spent lazing in bed. Some of my favorite conversations are with my husband at three o'clock in the morning.
I am thrilled and honored to be invited to join the talented Design Team at Darnell's fabulous Twofer Card Challenge.
~~~

We hope you will also be inspired by the example creations from the Design Team! You can find the details on all these inspirational Twofers on the Designer's individual blogs. We hope you'll take a closer look!
The Winner(s) will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer!
For important details, please click on the 
Rules, Definitions/Examples, and FAQ tabs above. 

Thank you for playing and leaving some encouragement for others!
Don't forget to click the Follow button on the side bar.
The challenge is open until 11:55 PM (PST) July 24th.
The winner and the Honorable Mentions will be posted 
at 12:05 AM (PST) July 30th.

HAVE FUN! HAPPY TWOFING!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 comments:

  1. Lovely cards from everyone. A fun challenge. Now If I can just get something made.

    Hello Cat and welcome. Which teams are your favorites? Like maybe the Florida Gators and the Dallas Cowboys? [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny, I'm a Saints fan and as far as college goes the Iowa Hawkeyes and The Ohio State Buckeyes.

      Delete
  2. Amazing code word for the challenge and wonderful inspiration cards from both guests and the designer team.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your challenge and your inspirations are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! what an awesome challenge word, not that all the past ones haven't been awesome too.
    Love all of the Designer Team's cards, you always offer amazing inspiration to us all.
    See you guys in the gallery soon.
    XO
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to be a part of this team of talented designers to a challenge that makes me think hard every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so happy to have you on the Team, Cat! Hugs, Darnell

      Delete
  6. So many wonderful garden designs. I will try to work in something one of these days. But July and August are such busy months for me with lots of company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great theme for this month's challenge Darnell, and gardens are looking at their best at the moment with lots of summer flower colour. Sorry to see Loll go, but she is a very busy lady, and welcome to Cat to take her place and love her cleverly thought out cards. Ditto Kathy and Robyn as the guests this time with their gorgeous flowers, and also to the rest of the team and yourself...such great inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards and inspiration from the team, Kathy and Robin. Wonderful to see Cat on the Team and sorry to see Loll go....she will be missed x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun theme - glad I could play along this month! Congrats to Cat and farewell to Loll - two great card makers!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great challenge and the designs are super ladies

    June

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful work DT..........hope my cards are oke if not please delete them.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such an honor to see my cards posted with Robyn's and the amazing DT's creations. And the many comments from the wonderful people here have been such a delight. I especially appreciated that one paper artist identified the name of the technique I used in my first card. It is a Tunnel Card. Since it is a simple technique that has a great WOW factor, I'd wanted to provide instructions but since I had no name, I had no luck finding instructions. But after Jill provided a name, I found a link- https://www.stampinscrapper.com/my-blog/2019/02/coffee-cafe-tunnel-card.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been wonderful having you as one of our Guest Designers, Kathy! I'm glad Jill was able to provide the information. Thank you for passing it on here! Hugs, Darnell

      Delete
  13. Fab inspiration and I am so happy to have joined in! Hugs xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete