Friday, April 20, 2018

Reminder ~ Twofer Card Challenge #4 ~ PETS

Have you shown us your pet yet?! There's still time! The challenge closes at the end of the day on April 24th!

It's been so fun seeing your entries and hearing your stories of your pets and even seeing some of your photos! The entries reminded me of the pet tree frog our son brought home from school when it closed for the summer. We had him for two years. We named the frog "Fred." I know, so original!

In memory of Fred, here are two more Twofer designs to inspire you!
Yes, that's right, Fred was a girl frog and sometimes she liked to wear hot pink eye shadow and false eyelashes and put on her fetching pink body suit! She also liked riding around on the hood of the Mayor's VW Bug. (I'm not saying we anthropomorphized Fred, but you can say it if you like.) I used my Ziggies and winked the windshield and lights. Fred was fussy cut (see below) for his ride on the Bug.

The Mayor is finally retiring, so this card is for him. The adorable frog is from Penny Black, the VW and license plate sentiment are from PTI and the "road" is from MFT. It is actually a curved line die. To make it horizontal I laid my paper sideways over the die which meant some of the die stuck out on both ends. I placed another piece of scratch paper over the top of it to keep those exposed die ends from cutting my plate. Running it through meant the gray paper was cut in half, of course, so then I just taped the two panels back together on my folded card so that it looked like a "road." 

~~~
For this birthday card design, Fred came as herself complete with a birthday present in the format Penny Black intended. The sediment is very old from GKW. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug. A one-layer quick and clean and simple card, otherwise known as OLC QACAS.

HAVE FUN!
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!


13 comments:

  1. OMG ... Fred is SO PRETTY!! Love her pink body suit and those big pink eyelids with the long lashes. :) She looks pretty happy on the roof of the VW. Adorable design Dolly ... the road die is PERFECT!! And Fred looks awesome with all her warts, sitting on the birthday present. Great twofer cards! Lolly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :D I can't stop to laugh looking at Fred with her big pink eyes LOL :D
    She is so fun and such fab design for your card!!
    Love the second card too, that dotty EF makes the skin of the frog so interesting :)
    Hope having time to manage two cards before the challenge close... My time is really short in this time of the year and I'm not be able to make quick cards :/
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous and fun cards and I adore that frog image and love the lady frog with her pink eyes and the embossed spotty background on the second works really well. I have been away all week so I am definitely playing catch up with challenges I still want to enter including this one but will do my best. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing, Darnell! Thank you for two fabulous cards to encourage others and the wonderful story that went along with them. Fantastic in all ways! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me giggle again, Darnell! Oh, those eyes on #1 and Fred's pretty pink tummy on #2 -- love! I'm looking at that road die and wondering if I could do that with some curved edge dies I have, hmmmm. Always something inspiring from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on the right "track," Leslie! That's exactly what I used. I've edited my post to explain how I did it. EZPZ! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Darnell...you never fail to make me laugh when I visit your blog! The pink eyeshadow and false eyelashes on the first card just slay me!!! I love how you created the road and your 'Bug' is perfect! I also love your clever embossing on the 2nd card...such a fabulous effect! Another really FUN challenge...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two awesomely funny cards and so adorable, well as adorable as frogs can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this new challenge! The inspiration and participants' cards are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic crds from DT and in the gallery! I wanted to play and did start, but this month has been crazy and tomorrow I'm travelling. So next month I'l be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe loved these cards, he is a frog person (I only like cute ones like the ones on your card. Ugh to having one in the house as a pet. We used to get tree frogs hopping in when we lived in Fla, and would have to chase 'em and tell 'em they were not welcome house guests). Really love the design on #1. Now that is just so clever, and only you would have a VW stamp for Fred to ride around. Loved her dress style too! #2 had lots of texture with the embossing and looks more like our Fla frogs. Cute to perch Fred on a prezzie too! TFS & BIg hugs. Hope all things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete